Saturday, September 21, 2013

1282


Linking today to Six Word Saturday AND Back Linking to Paint Party Friday

...its comfortably warm this morning, not yet too hot, and sunny; i'm reading 'Life of Pi' by Yann Martel (a book club recommended novel - which means other persons in my book club are also reading this) i've gotten through more than half, my favourite quote so far is from [page 6]
"The reason death sticks so closely to life isn't biological necessity — it's envy. Life is so beautiful that death has fallen in love with it, a jealous, possessive love that grabs at what it can. But life leaps over oblivion lightly, losing only a thing or two of no importance, and gloom is but the passing shadow of a cloud."
...so i decide to sit outside this morning, (i'm an 'empty nester' so my time structuring is very much mine) Wow! my blessed sixties; my son and daughter, out on their own; my grand daughter will be one year old next month; i'm truly and humbly thankful for today, and yesterdays.

on the front steps ants crawling

--gillena cox

Labels: , , , ,

22 Comments:

Anonymous Ron. said...

A marvelous haibun. Salute!
Didn't care much for the novel, & I thought the movie was even worse, though it did have some visual appeal.

If you're interested, here's a haibun I wrote for the World Haiku Review, published back in March, about the Full Harvest Moon experience:
http://eggsovertokyo.blogspot.com/2013/03/two-small-threes-by-five.html

10:43 AM  
Blogger cessie said...

I still haven't read the book and I keep hearing mixed reactions to it so I keep postponing it. Are you enjoying it so far?
Sounds like a fab Saturday... enjoy your weekend!

10:58 AM  
Blogger Mishla M said...

perfect visual.

11:26 AM  
Blogger Hilary said...

that book is so on my to be read list...

To celebrate the publication of my memoir, Dangled Carat, I have several giveaways on my blogs - prizes include autographed copies of the book, a ring from Berricle jewelers and a $25 Victoria Secret gift card - I hope you can check it out...

11:53 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Ron thank you for leaving our link, will visit

much love...

12:29 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Cessie apart from the quotation i pulled out, frankly, its not my kind of novel


much love...

12:31 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Mishla, happy you dropped in


much love...

12:32 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

glad you dropped in Hilary, sounds like a mini festival at you blog, will visit

much love...

12:34 PM  
Blogger Giggles said...

Wonderful analogy and piece art to match!!

Hugs Giggles

1:10 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Giggles, happy you dropped in

much love...

1:46 PM  
Blogger Mlissabeth said...

Love that quote, and your words! Have a good weekend.

1:51 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

glad you stopped by Beth


much love...

1:53 PM  
OpenID restlessjo said...

I read that quite a while ago and didn't initially remember the quote. (the short-term memory's not what it was :)) I should have because it's a great one. Peace and warmth- two of my favourite things- enjoy!

2:48 PM  
Blogger Leovi said...

Wonderful composition, excellent!!

6:31 PM  
Blogger Fiona Biedermann said...

Love the imagery both visual and in words

9:02 PM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Being grateful is a grace, this is beautiful, as always Gillena

6:32 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Jo, thank you for stopping by

much love...

10:20 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Leovi

much love...

10:20 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Fiona, happy you dropped in

much love...

10:21 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Lorraine

much love...

10:22 AM  
Blogger soulbrush said...

Wonderful work. Happy PPF.

2:43 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Soulbrush

much love...

3:05 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home