Saturday, June 23, 2012

Hair And Now


the above photo of me was taken in February 2009, by my daughter Yanda Cox. After 12 years of growing my hair naturally, today, i have cut it all off; despite my new look, i'm keeping the blog photo up, because that's how i looked when i first started this blog in 2006.

morning rain -
this sudden urge
to do cartwheels

--gillena cox, June 2012


.髪結も大小さして初袷
kamiyui mo daishô sashite hatsu awase

their hairstyles
long and short...
new summer kimonos

Issa, 1819


Its Renku Saturday 24 please share a HAIR HAIKU


a quick swipe--
grooming discouraged by
the hair in my comb

--Diane Mayr, US


tag 1

tag 2

tag 3

tag 4

tag 5

tag 6

tag 7

SmileyCentral.com

Labels: , , , , , , ,

12 Comments:

Blogger Adelaide said...

It's a brave move to cut your hair after so long. Two years ago I cut mine after letting it grow for 5 years; now I'm thinking of cutting it again, but have been stalling. Perhaps I'll do it and do cartwheels as well.

Adelaide

9:09 AM  
Blogger Diane Mayr said...

a quick swipe--
grooming discouraged by
the hair in my comb

11:01 AM  
Blogger sanjuktaa said...

I know the feeling, the sense of liberation it gives:-) Thumbs up for your cartwheels!

11:02 AM  
Anonymous Carletta said...

My hair has been the same since I was a teenager. Sometimes a little shorter, sometimes a little longer. I just can't seem to take the scissor plunge. :)

Thanks for your visit.

6:55 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Adelaide; surely i like the sound of that


much love...

7:36 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for your sharing Diane; i'll add it upfront


much love...

7:37 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Sanjukta; all i acan say is AHA; glad you dropped in

much love...

7:38 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Carletta, keep on enjoying it just the way you like it styled

much love...

7:39 AM  
Blogger Lorraine said...

Cut UNCUT you are beautiful

7:43 AM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

humble bow; thank you for dropping in Lorraine


much love...

9:04 AM  
Blogger sandy said...

I like it both ways!

4:00 PM  
Blogger Gillena Cox said...

Thank you Sandy; nice of you to stop by

much love...

8:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home