Friday, August 19, 2022

3066

This August i am using poster paints
I continued to work on last week's painting, the wildflowers are more to my liking now

The frame is an image from the internet 

✿

And here is this week's painting




LOVE YOURSELF EAT HEALTHY FOODS
Avocado slices,  saltfish & tomato, crackers.




Welcome to Art For Fun Friday #22



❧✿❧

BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

AND



AND

Friday Writings #40: Lists in Ink

 ✿.

orange clouds at dawn
some trees remain silhouettes -
the birds are quiet
© gillena cox 2022

❧✿❧

REVISIT


❧✿❧
ENJOY THE MUSIC: Nina Simone - Feeling Good (Official Video)


❧✿❧
BOOKSHELF
You can buy my books for (Children)
online fromauthourhouse bookstoreamazon.com

❧✿❧
Art For Fun Friday 
lunch break
Copy this code, pin my button to your blog


JOIN IN THE FUN...LINK YOUR ART POST

46 comments:

Soma @ InkTorrents.com said...

I have always wondered about poster paint. Your painting looks amazing. Thank you so much for hosting!

-Soma

Anonymous said...

Lovely paintings Gillena-Christine

My name is Erika. said...

Your flowers are lovely Gillena, and I like the effect. When I first looked I thought maybe you had collaged the page with paper pieces before painting in the flowers. I hadn't noticed that before. And those crows are great. I hope you have a lovely end of the week and weekend ahead. Hugs-Erika

colleen said...

The haiku paints an image as well as the paintings.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Soma

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for dropping by and linking up Chtistine
Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Erika

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Colleen

Much💖love

LA Paylor said...

you caught the movement and exuberance of the moment. I can just hear the wings

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

I adore the flowers, Gillena. I have never owned poster paints, so I am intrigued by how you used them. I've always been mesmerized by crows. Really great painting, too.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation LeeAnn

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Elizabeth

Much💖love

Rosemary Nissen-Wade said...

Glad you're having fun with your painting. I'm having fun sharing it here. And I love the haiku.

rallentanda said...

I love your haiku as well. Is that masked movie star looking blonde bombshell you ?
I'm surprised Hollywood scouts have not discovered you yet:)

DVArtist said...

I am loving your poster paint art. Very lovely indeed. I am so glad that you and I enjoy the same music. How can one not like Nina Simon? Have a great weekend.

Magaly Guerrero said...

I really love the painting of the birds. They look so joyous, especially the one in the middle. I love how that painting contrasts with the haiku and balances it too, how it makes me think of tranquil joy.

Gillena Cox said...

😊Thanks for your appreciation Rall

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Nicole

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Magaly

Much💖love

Helen said...

Due to your considerable influence, I replenished my supply of alcohol ink paint yesterday. I use Yupo Paper to create my paintings. Love everything you share with us Gillena.

Carola Bartz said...

Both paintings are lovely. Oh Avocados - I take them anytime!

Gillena Cox said...

Glad i sparked your interest Helen

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

😊thanks for dropping by Carola

Much💖love

Su-sieee! Mac said...

Aloha Gillena! Very cool drawings. I especially like the crows. You’ve got me wanting to try poster paints. I like your poem, too. My new waking time is the moment before the birds make themselves known.

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping by and linking up Su-sieee

Much💖love

Lea said...

I love, love your haiku, Gillena! It is so visual! And goes perfectly with Nina's "Feeling Good." Thanks for the art and food inspiration!Yum! I have never had salted fish!

Magical Mystical Teacher said...

Dawn is a magical time of day. So glad that you are participating in the magic!

Rajani said...

Sounds like fun- art and saltfish and haiku!

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for your appreciation Lea; (salted fish we Trinis say saltfish) used to be a cheap alternative to meat when i was growing up. But it gradually creeped in our tables as a cultural icon and now it is as expensive as any other protein item.
Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Maggie

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Rajani

Much💖love

Adelaide said...

the alarm
stuck on first light
early crows

Adelaide

dsnake1 said...

I like the image you painted in the haiku. It seems that time has stood still.
Poster colours are great to paint with too. :)

Gillena Cox said...

Adelaide
Thanks for dropping by and sharing a haiku

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Cheong Lee san

Much💖love

NatureFootstep said...

lol, your wildflowers looks good :)

Margaret said...

The birds are pure joy! as is the short list!

Yvonne Osborne said...

Always wanted to try painting but fear I would fail miserably, unlike you.

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Monica

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Margaret

Much💖love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping by Yvonne

Much💖love

purplepeninportland.com said...

Love the bird painting, and the wonderful haiku!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for dropping by Sara

Much💖love

rebecca said...

orange clouds at dawn
some trees remain silhouettes -
the birds are quiet

your vivid haiku and Nina Simone-

heaven!!!!

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation Rebecca

Much💖love

rosy123 said...

Très bon article, comme toujours. Il a le mérite de susciter le commentaire 

voyance gratuite mail immédiat en direct