Sunday, August 09, 2026

3998

BLOG HOPPING TODAY WITH

SPA

[Composition 8 - by Kandinsky, Wassily. (1866-1944) 
image from google]



[ Find Yourself A Triangle - composed at Picsart]



[A Composed at Picsart]




❧✿❧

WELCOME TO

SundaySmiles

What's there to smile about today?
Thank God for the grace of poetry

Tell me about your Sunday
email me
OR post a COMMENT


It's Sunday 89 of
SundaySmiles


bowing happily
his smile throughout the applause -
the steelpan event
© gillena cox 2026


❧✿❧ 


REVISIT
89 of Sunday Postcards

89 of 100 Ways to Haiku a Mask

 89 of Sumie Sundays

❧✿❧

August is Steelpan Month here in T&T
Enjoy The Music


22 comments:

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

Is there a linky for Sunday Smiles? Here's Bleubeard's and mine: https://alteredbooklover.blogspot.com/2026/08/if-its-sunday-its-time-for-rocking.html

I like your concept of space. And I love the beach scene for Erika's theme at AJJ. Thanks.

Sabine said...

wonderful space postcard, thanks for joining this challenge

Iris Flavia said...

Thank you for the SMILES, all out everywhere :-)

kwarkito said...

Kandinsky is one of my favourite painters

My name is Erika. said...

Steel pan is the perfect music for August. Thanks for the foot tapping music selection. And nice space postcard and especially the summer view. It is definitely sunglass season. :) I hope you're having a super weekend, and thank you for joining AJJ again too. It is always appreciated. hugs-Erika

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for alerting me about my linky not showing up.
I edited and its now up.
Happy Sunday

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation, Sabine

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Happy you dropped by Iris

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Glad you dropped by Kwarkito

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Thank you for your appreciation, Erika

Much love

Anonymous said...

I don't see your linkup Gillena. Happy Sunday Smiles nice haiku-Christine cmlk79.blogspot.com

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I enjoyed listening to the steelpan video! This weekend in Toronto it's the Caribana Festival and here in Edmonton it's the Cariwest Festival. We celebrate Caribbean culture in August, not around the date of Mardi Gras because that is the middle of winter in Canada, LOL. Too cold then for those beautiful but revealing costumes!

Deann said...

So many beautiful thing to enjoy. Have a wonderful week.

Violetta said...

Although the temperatures are still very high I had a fine day in the Sauna. No Linkup today dear Gillena?.
Wish you a wonderful Sunday and all the best
Violetta

DVArtist said...

I do like the steelpan video! Your art is always so intriguing and lovely. Kandinsky is one of my favorite artists. Have a very happy Sunday.

Bleubeard and Elizabeth said...

i still don't see a link up, but I love anything steel pan.

Gillena Cox said...

There was a error earlier, but it was corrected, so the linky was late
Thanks for dropping by Christine

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Wow, that's so nice
Happy you dropped by, Debra

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Thanks for your appreciation, Deann

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Dont know why i had so mucj h trouble, with the linky today, it kept appearing and disappearing. Hope to correct that next Sunday

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Glad you dropped by, Nicole

Much love

Gillena Cox said...

Yeah, i know, next Sunday, then

Much love