Monday, November 05, 2012

1047

Defining Haiku here at Lunch Break that's 30 days, November 1st - 30th of haiku features

The haiku in today's haiga(illustrated haiku)

morning light
those songs of kiskadee
clearing skies
--gillena cox

Today's note - fragment and phrase

morning light = the fragment
those songs of kiskadee clearing skies = the phrase
contained within this micro poetic form are two important building blocks; fragment and phrase


I invite you to share some of your fragment and phrase expertise with me

Today's tag

SmileyCentral.com

8 comments:

Lisa at Greenbow said...

I can hear the kiskadees chattering.

Gillena Cox said...

Good morning Lisa and a nice day to you


much love...

Frank... said...

Very nice post, Gillena. Had to look up 'kiskadee' and discovered that it's a beautifully coloured bird...

Gillena Cox said...

Yes Frank and the song it sings is kiss..ka..deee


much love...

Out of Sight L said...

I wish I could do you honour with a well put haiku, but it's not in me, but I sure love yours

Gillena Cox said...

Lorraine; its not your genre; i'm still happy you stopped by


much love...

Frieda said...

another interesting thing to learn about haiku (and you created a beautiful piece of art to explain it)

Bill said...

February wind
I want to believe
the crocus

the difference
a sparrow makes –
bare branches

Fragment/phrase and phrase/fragment. Ideally, out of the juxtaposition of these two elements arises a third, making the haiku a whole greater than the sum of its parts.